OMG OMG OMG. UMAT today. So many people. More than half of them weren't even in Year 12. But it wasn't so bad. The view was pretty good. And I think that the UMAT was a little stupid. If we weren't supposed to go onto the next section without them saying so and we couldn't go back to a section after we did another section, then what's the point of giving us the whole thing in one booklet? I swear one guy I was sitting next too broke these rules. And they didn't even pick him up for it.
Funnily enough, I had the song 'One Step at a Time' by Jordin Sparks stuck in my head throughout the whole UMAT. And I managed to finish all the questions, though I might have guessed a couple. Hmmmm.
I saw a few randomly weird things on telly the other day. Or maybe last week or something like that. One was either on ABC or SBS and it was like this New Year's Concert in Vienna by some random orchestra. Well when I tuned in, the conductor was conducting right, and little by little, members of the orchestra left. The conductor mimed confusion at this and yes a few people in the audience laughed. Then there were two musicians left. Leader of orchestra, first violinist and I'm guessing lead violist... <--is that right? So the conductor sits next to the violinist and pats his head, like good boy for staying. Then he goes to join the violist and conducts that person. The violinist leaves. Conductor moves forward to watch the violinist leave in a sort of nostalgic way, and the violist sneaks off. The conductor turns around and stands on his podium, and pretends to conduct. There is no-one to conduct. Audience cracks up laughing at his perplexed expression. Etc. You get the point.
Then the second thing was after this, also the same program. The orchestra was playing an excerpt from a ballet or something. And randomly in the middle of the piece, the camera cuts to these six children, three boys and three girls, dressed up like angels and some sort of nymph or bird with a weird tail respectively dancing along to the music. I wonder who the choreographer was. Because they portrayed as the boys trying to hook up with the girls, and seriously, highly hilarious. Then it cuts back to the orchestra. And this goes on for quite a while, each time cutting to the dancers in a different area of the building and still dancing ballet. Then as the piece is nearing the end/climax, the dancers dance their little merry way into the auditorium. Amazing what you can see if the dancers are dancing behind you. Yes well now the dancers to a little couple dance and I swear, the girls are all taller than the boys. And not just because they were on tiptoe. You could tell that the audience was rather perplexed, especially when the dancers lifted their legs up and nearly kicked some audience members in the face. Piece ends, dancers pose, wave at the conductor, he waves back, they leave. I mean, what was that??
English practice orals tomorrow. Biology quiz. Economics commentaries. HL Bio. Conversation class. What a boring day. Quartet rehearsal for wedding next week. Wow. I'm playing at a wedding again!! Yay. They're actually quite fascinating, the variation at weddings. And our somehow limited repertoire. But we are glad to say that we will be attempting to expand this repertoire. From Canon to Bach and Mozart. And we might even attempt some pieces at the back of the quartet folders. Simply delightful. Not.
1 comment:
"especially when the dancers lifted their legs up and nearly kicked some audience members in the face. "
HAHAHAH
rofl. man that means they could've flahsed them too! if they weren't in dancing gear.
Post a Comment